Friday 7 September 2018

Why am I crying!

It’s 8:30 pm on a Friday evening and I’m in the office still, big tears falling onto my keyboard. Why!
The first thing I notice is that I am crying over something that isn’t directly my responsibility.  I am extremely busy and this piece of work was not my priority.  In fact I’ve discovered the following details only because I was preparing for later testing:  none of the account set ups are done fully and none of them are correct.

Next this is a piece of work which has external consequences - it is very client visible.

Finally this is a prime example of shit communication: no one told the client what we needed for testing, and the client didn’t tell us OK we’re starting to test now!

I hate hate giving updates on stuff that isn’t working, which makes me a bad fit for client testing.

This is a very rambling post... but it has helped me to calm down.


No comments:

Post a Comment